Veterans Discharge

Tazewell County Recorder, reminds all veterans that their discharges (DD 214) should be taken to the Recorder's office and recorded. This should be done even if you have been out of the service for many years.
A Certified Copy is necessary for you to qualify for any benefits that are available to you, including GI Bill, burial and survivor's benefits.
The Recorder's office does not charge veterans to record their discharges. They may also have as many certified copies as they need at no charge. Your original discharge will be returned to you within the next couple of days.
Click here to search for Military Discharges